Feynman Lectures Simplified 1B: Harmonic Oscillators, & Thermodynamics

Feynman Lectures Simplified 1B: Harmonic Oscillators, & Thermodynamics

By Robert Piccioni

  • Release Date : 2014-07-08
  • Genre : Physics
  • FIle Size : 1.15 MB

Description

Feynman Lectures Simplified 1B: Harmonic Oscillators, & Thermodynamics Feynman Simplified gives mere mortals access to the fabled Feynman Lectures on Physics.

As a Caltech undergraduate, I had the amazing opportunity to learn physics directly from the greatest scientist of our age. I absorbed all I could. His style and enthusiasm were as important as the facts and equations.

For those who have struggled with the Big Red Books, and for those who were reluctant to take the plunge, Feynman Simplified is for you. Feynman’s mantra seemed to be: No Einstein Left Behind. He sought to inspire “the more advanced and excited student”, perhaps10% of the class. My goal is to reach the other 90%.

Feynman Simplified: 1B covers about a quarter of Volume 1, the freshman course, of The Feynman Lectures on Physics. The topics we explore include:
•Harmonic Oscillators, Resonances, and Transients
•Kinetic Theory of Gases
•Statistical Mechanics
•Thermodynamics

There is no better way to truly learn physics than from a truly great physicist, Feynman taught us more than just physics — he taught us how to think like a physicist.

keyboard_arrow_up